JAMB Cancels Results In Centres, Fixes August 6 For Mop-Up UTME
July 27, 2022
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had cancelled results in 10 centres across five states just as it fixed Saturday, August 6 for its mop-up Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for candidates who could not participate in the examinations during the period of the exercise for some verified reasons.
The board said the decision was a result of JAMB’s determination to give equal opportunity to all candidates who are desirous of tertiary education.
It said this in its weekly bulletin by JAMB’s Head of Media and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin on Monday in Abuja.
The board said: “JAMB, after every UTME exercise, reviews various reports from officials in the field and video footage of the examination. The reviews are done by a team of experts, with a view to detecting activities subversive of the examination process.
It’s after all the reports have been collated and considered that the management would take critical decisions as to the necessity or otherwise of a mop-up examination for affected candidates.
“So, after a thorough analysis of the conduct of the 2022 UTME in 10 centres spread across five states of the federation where examination malpractice was established to have taken place, it became necessary to cancel the results of all the candidates who sat the examination in the affected 10 centres.
“The Board took cognisance of the fact that some innocent candidates unfortunately sat their examination at these centres. Consequently, all candidates who sat the UTME in the affected centres have been rescheduled for the mop-up UTME.
“It should be noted that candidates who, for whatever reasons, were absent at those centres are not eligible for the mop-up examination. Other categories of candidates rescheduled for the mop-up UTME are; 142 candidates who could not take the UTME due to finger-print peculiarities; 28 candidates who could not take the UTME due to technical problems in some centres; and 1,799 candidates with BVM failure who were recaptured at the centres.”
Meanwhile, after a thorough analysis of the conduct of the 2022 UTME in 10 centres spread across five states of the federation as listed below), where examination malpractice was established to have taken place, it became necessary to cancel the results of all the candidates who sat the examination in the ten centres.
The Board also took cognisance of the fact that some innocent candidates unfortunately sat their examination at these centres.
Consequently, all candidates who sat the UTME in the centres listed below have been rescheduled for the 6 of August, 2022 Mop-up UTME.
It should be noted that candidates who, for whatever reasons, were absent at those centres are NOT eligible for the mop-up examination.
The Board, however, affirmed its zero tolerance for examination malpractices and would do all within its powers to combat it. It also reiterated its avowed commitment to the conduct of credible matriculation examinations in all tertiary institutions in the country, while ensuring the sanctity of its examination process towards sustaining the integrity that the society has come to associate with the Board.The Centres are:
S/N STATE CENTRE
1. ABIA BENJYN INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY, BENJYN AVENUE, AMAORJI-UKWU, OBINGWA LGA, ABIA STATE
2. ABIA ABIA EDWARD AND MERCY NWOKOCHA CBT ICT SERVICES LTD, MBATO SECONDARY SCHOOL, UMUNGALAGU EZIAMA NVOSI, ISIALA NGWA SOUTH LGA, ABIA STATE
3. ABIA ABIA FREEDOM WORLD ACADEMY INTL. 12 OKPU-UMOBO STREET, OSISIOMA, ABA, ABIA STATE.
4. ABIA ABIA NATIONAL COMPREHENSIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL, UMUOKEA, 1 OJI AVENUE, OFF 3 GLASS INDUSTRY RD.,ABA, ABIA STATE
5. ABIA ABIA ST. ANTHONY COMPREHENSIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL, 83B OMUMA RD., OFF AMA-OGBONNA, ABA, ABIA STATE
6. ANAMBRA ANAMBRA OBIDON SYSTEMATIC COPUTERS LTD, NO. 31 LIMCA ROAD NKPOR, ALONG MR. BIGGS, OLD ROAD, ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE
7. ANAMBRA ANAMBRA URBAN ICT CENTRE, URBAN GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL, FEGGE, ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE
8. DELTA DELTA HOLY GHOST INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, NO. 1 TIRORO CLOSE, OFF IZOMO ROAD, OFFDSC EXPRESSWAY, OVWIAN, ALADJA, UDU LGA, DELTA STATE
9. EDO EDO YOMNET ACADEMY, NICON HOUSE, 55 AKPAKPAVA STREET, OPP. ECOBANK, BENIN- CITY, EDO STATE
10. LAGOS LAGOS SEYLEK CITY COLLEGE,68A, JEBBA STREET, EBUTE METTA EAST, LAGOS STATE.